Hit the road this holiday and win big!

We’ve got your Easter holiday fund sorted with a chance to win weekly cash prizes – simply fill up at Caltex and fill in the entry form below to win big!

Porsche Panamera crowned 2018 SA Car of the Year

Porsche's Panamera has been crowned the 2018 South African Car of the Year. Do you agree with the winner?

Monaco GP: Mercedes rubbishes claims of Hamilton no-show

2016-05-24 14:06

READY FOR MONACO: Mercedes have dismissed rumours of star-driver Lewis Hamilton not competing at the upcoming Monaco GP. Image: AP / Pavel Golovkin

Monaco - Mercedes has rubbished reports Lewis Hamilton might miss this weekend's (May 29) prestigious Monaco grand prix.

An Italian newspaper had suggested that Pascal Wehrlein may only have tested in Barcelona last week due to world champion Hamilton's involvement in a mysterious nightclub incident in Cannes that could now see him sidelined.

Hamilton will compete

But Hamilton has been posting photos of himself training in the Monaco hills, while the German team on Monday (May 23) released its official race preview featuring quotes by the 31-year-old.

Asked on Twitter to respond specifically to the rumours, meanwhile, Mercedes said: "Sometimes, a rumour is so silly it doesn't merit a response."

READ: Nothing new to Mercedes' dominance - Todt

And a team spokesman told the Belgian newspaper La Derniere Heure: "Lewis is with his engineers today, preparing for the GP.

He added: "He was with Petronas on Friday (May 20) for a sponsor day. This rumour is such rubbish that it deserves no response from us."

Read more on:    mercedes  |  formula 1  |  monaco gp  |  lewis hamilton  |  monaco  |  f1  |  motorsport

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.