60 years of screen legends: Top 5 iconic cars in films

From the time-travelling Delorean to the “Love Bug” VW Beetle, cars have played many iconic movie roles. Watch as some of the greatest car icons in films come to life.

What to do if you're pulled over in a foreign country

Nothing ruins a leisurely holiday like an unpleasant run-in with the law. Here's what to do when you get pulled over in a foreign country.

Sanral toll puzzle in Zuma crash

2014-11-25 07:43

ZUMA’S SON ON TRIAL: South African president Jacob Zuma's son Duduzane leaves the Randburg Magistrate's Court during an inquest into his involvement in a horrific crash. Image: SAPA / Werner Beukes


RANDBURG, Gauteng - The e-toll gantry information Sanral supplied to an inquest into an accident involving South African president Jacob Zuma's son Duduzane was "inconsistent", the state submitted on Monday (Nov 24 2014).

Prosecutor Yusuf Baba told an inquest at the Randburg Magistrate's Court: "Information from Sanral (the SA National Roads Agency Limited) is irreconcilable and inconsistent with all the evidence before this court."

On February 1 2014, Zuma's car rear-ended Jabulani Vusi Dlamini's taxi on the M1 South off-ramp to Grayston Drive in Sandton. A taxi passenger, Phumzile Dube, died and three others were injured.


Baba asked Sanral to furnish the hearing with details of the speed and time at which Zuma and Dlamini travelled on the highway on the night of the crash.

Baba said: "It is common cause that the accident occurred around 10pm."

Sanral showed that Dlamini passed under the Owl gantry on the N1 at 9:04pm on the night of the incident. It had no record of Dlamini travelling under the Tarentaal gantry, which he would have had to pass to reach the crash scene, and showed Zuma's vehicle going through Tarentaal in the same direction at 10.43pm.

Baba submitted: "This is 43 minutes after the collision took place and it's for this reason that the readings given from the gantries are entirely irreconcilable and inconsistent with the evidence before this court."

Both Dlamini and Zuma remained  at the scene more than two hours after the crash.       

Read more on:    duduzane zuma  |  south africa  |  gauteng  |  crash  |  court  |  taxi

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.