--
 
New Sasol GTC cars set for thrills

The iconic Grand Prix Circuit will present a new challenge to the GTC drivers as they tackle the country’s fastest racetrack on June 16.

WATCH: 2018 Dakar Rally - The game!

Dakar '18 will enable players to take on the world's most gruelling race in one of the biggest open worlds yet in a racing game.

Kubica signs up for year's WRC

2013-12-13 13:52

ALAN BALDWIN

ROBERT KUBICA: Back in World Rally action for the whole of 2014. Image: AFP

LONDON, England - Former Formula 1 driver Robert Kubica will contest all 13 rounds of 2014's World Rally championship in an M-Sport Ford Fiesta.

It's a move than ends any immediate prospect of his return to circuit racing.

The Pole, a F1 winner whose GP career ended before the start of the 2011 season when his car was skewered by a roadside barrier and his right arm was almost severed, made the announcement today (Dec 13 2013).

M-Sport managing director Malcolm Wilson "was thrilled".

'JUST LOOK AT HIM!'

"Since he burst on to the WRC scene earlier in 2013 we have been very keen to have him aboard," he said. "I think we can expect some great things from him in 2014.

"You only have to look at the way Robert prepared for the 2013 season to see what it all means to him. He has a desire and a hunger which you don't see in many drivers..."

The 29-year-old won the second tier 2013 WRC2 championship in a Citroen and competed in the season-ending British round of the main championship. He was awarded the inaugural FIA 'Personality of the Year' award in December 2013.

M-Sport said in a separate statement that Finland's Mikko Hirvonen, winner of 15 rallies and four times a championship runner-up, would return to the Ford team from Citroen in 2014. Welshman Elfyn Evans would drive their other car.
NEXT ON WHEELS24X

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.