--
 
Here's why Toyota's Rush is doing so well

Toyota has apparently now completed its utter domination of the SA gravel travel market, writes Lance Branquinho.

The good, bad and ugly of Fernando Alonso's F1 career

'Fernando Alonso is one of the all-time greats', writes Egmont Sippel.

Formula 1 'silly season' in overdrive at Spa

2018-08-24 13:06

Image: JOHN THYS / AFP

An earthquake is set to hit the Formula 1 driver market.

After the chequered flag waves on Sunday's Belgian grand prix, there could be a plethora of mid-season driver changes for Monza a week later.

'I hope he'll take me'

Firstly, with Force India now renamed Racing Point, Lance Stroll is set to leave Williams and join the team now owned by his billionaire father Lawrence.

READ: Force India team could miss 2018 Belgian GP

"We'll see what my father decides to do with me. I hope he'll take me," Stroll, 19, said at Spa.

It is believed Stroll's place at Williams will be filled by reserve driver Robert Kubica.

As for 'Racing Point Force India', the driver tipped to make way for Stroll is Esteban Ocon.

'We had a chance, now its gone'

The Frenchman had just got over the shock of not being signed up by Renault for 2019.

"We had a chance there and now it's gone. What's next I don't know. I leave the negotiations to my management and Toto Wolff," Ocon said at Spa.

The big rumour is that Ocon will actually move immediately to McLaren, ousting Stoffel Vandoorne.

"So far it's only a rumour. We'll see. But if there is a chance, let's see. If there is an opportunity to stay at Force India, I'd be happy too," Ocon said.

Vandoorne, the potential victim of Ocon's arrival at McLaren, rejected the speculation.

"I've been close to Alonso all season. That's why I am sure that I will drive in Monza.

But in F1 you are never 100% certain about your seat, even if your results are good," said the Belgian.

NEXT ON WHEELS24X

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.