TWO-CAR GARAGE: Which cars would you pick to form part of your two-car garage? Image: Wheels24
Cape Town - If you could choose two cars to drive for the rest of your life, which duo would park in your garage? Would your choose a sports car and something more practical such as an SUV?
Perhaps you're not concerned with practicality (nor fuel consumption) and would choose two supercars.
Wheels24 readers shared choices for the perfect two-car garage. Readers' selections were incredibly diverse with many combining SUVs and sportscars. One of the more interesting combinations from our readers was a Toyota Land Cruiser paired with a Lambhorghini Gallardo.
Wheels24 readers share their perfect two-car garage:
Fritz Pistorious: "Yeah, we all want a Porsche 911’s, Range Rovers, Rolls Royces or whatever, but the two vehicles below, is in my opinion, the two best practical choices that I will buy if I am forced to only buy two vehicles for the rest of my life, as it opens fantastic options.
1. Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series:
- This is the toughest, less complicated and most capable 4x4 vehicle to tackle the harshest conditions Africa can possibly offer. They even fight wars with this incredible machines all over Africa.
- It is the perfect overlanding vehicle, that is very easy to customize due to it’s shape and popularity and available in SUV, bakkie, double cab & “troopy” for any kind of application.
- It is very capable with rear & front diff locks as standard.
- This is the real Chuck Norris vehicle. All other vehicles are in reality “Barbie” vehicles!
2. You can laugh, but the Renault Duster 4x4:
- Practical all rounder
- Ideal city runabout due to it’s very low fuel consumption.
- Proven 1.5Dci engine that do service in a lot of vehicles, including Mercedes A Class
- Proven 4x4 system/drivetrain that do service in the Nissan X-Trail.
Reader Kobus van der Mey: Honda Civic Type R and Lexus RC.
Type R - "It finds enormous grip, it has bundles of straight-line performance and body control is exemplary. It's ferociously fast and surprisingly more practical than its rivals."
Lexus RC - "The striking look is one of the most imposing coupe around. It's beautifully built, high quality cabin, impressively specified and surprisingly comfortable."
Gustav Engelbrecht: "Looking at reality, affordability and what the Average Person could afford, I will opt for: the new 2017 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.5 LT A/T and Mercedes GLA 220."
Ryan Quirk: Toyota Land Cruiser ("anything from 60 series to current 200") and the Lamborghini Gallardo
Seelen Naick: 1973 Citroen DS Pallas and Porsche 911
1973 Citroen DS Pallas - "One of the best cars ever made. Forward thinking and way before it's time. Drives better than most modern cars. Comfortable everyday driver."
Porsche 911 (930 variant) - "Just for the weekend and special occasions."
Senzo Myeni: Volvo XC90 D5 Power Pulse Polestar and Jaguar F Pace 2.0d R Sport.
Keshav Gajanand Maharaj: Mercedes G63 AMG and Porsche 911 GT3
Muhammad Omar: Mercedes-Benz C180 and Toyota Hilux
He says: "Should be around the R1m for both and this gives you the best of on road luxury and off road durability. And both are proudly made in SA so parts, resale and after sales should not be a major issue.
What's your perfect two-car garage? Tell us via email, Facebook or on #twocargarage