Infiniti's QX80 has arrived in South Africa and is set to provide buyers with a new alternative in the large, luxury SUV segment.
The automaker said: "This full-size luxury SUV with a distinctive exterior design, luxuriously crafted interior trim, and high levels of standard safety and technology."
The QX80, infiniti says, is its most premium SUV yet and is priced at R1.2-million.
It's powered by a 5.6 litre V8 petrol capable of 298kW/560Nm mated to a seven-speed auto with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) and manual shift mode. Downshift Rev Matching (DRM) is standard. Fuel consumption is rated at a claimed 14.8 litres/100km.
IMAGE GALLLERY: 2015 Infiniti QX80
Suspension is provided by a double-wishbone design front and rear, with dual-flow tube shock-absorbers and an auto rear leveling system for towing or carrying cargo. It works by automatically adjusting the air pressure in the system's air bladders. The QX80 has a towing capacity of 3500kg.
It's equipped with anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic brake force distribution (EBD) with brake assist, vehicle dynamic control and two- or all-wheel active brake limited-slip (ABLS).
And it's rather pretty too. There's the lighting under the rubber-capped stainless steel side steps, unique exterior badge, darkened chrome trim, and a dark-chrome finish on its substantial 22-inch wheels which give this vehicle what their website describes "refined ruggedness".
In addition to the Liquid Platinum, Majestic White and Black Obsidian, the QX80 Limited offers three new exclusive paint colours; Imperial Black, Mocha Almond and Dakar Bronze.
The interior consists of truffle brown leather-appointed seats with contrasting silver stitching, natural-tone genuine ash wood accents, an Ultrasuede® headliner and matte finishes all in an effort to make the driver feel like they're arriving in style no matter where they go.
Engine and transmission:
- 5.6 litre 32-valve DOHC aluminum-alloy V8 with VVEL and Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG)
- seven-speed auto with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) and manual shift mode with Downshift Rev Matching (DRM)
Suspension, Steering, Braking and Wheels:
- Independent double wishbone front and rear suspension with Dual Flow Path twin tube shock absorbers, stabiliser bars and automatic rear self-leveling system (air)
- Hydraulic body motion control system
- Engine speed-sensitive power steering
- Four-wheel vented disc brakes with ABS, EBD and Brake Assist
- 22 x 8-inch 14-spoke forged aluminum-alloy wheels with 275/50R22 all-season performance tires.
Safety and Security:
- Infiniti Advanced Air Bag System (AABS)
- Driver and front-passenger front seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
- Roof-mounted side-impact supplemental curtain air bags with rollover sensor for outboard occupant head protection for all three rows
- Zone body construction with front and rear crumple zones
- Vehicle dynamic control with traction control
- Tyre pressure monitoring with individual tyre pressure display and tyre inflation Indicator
- Blind spot warning
- Lane departure warning with lane departure prevention
- Intelligent brake assist with forward collision Warning
- Predictive forward collision warning.