END OF AN ICON: Due to government and safety regulations, the venerable Defender line will be chopped. Land Rover cease production of its iconic 4x4 in 2016. Image: LAND ROVER:
Cape Town - Earlier in 2016, Land Rover celebrated the last of its current Defenders to roll off its famous Solihull production facility in England.
More than two million Series Land Rovers and Defenders have been built in Solihull, UK since 1948.
Take a virtual tour of the Solihuil factory here
Celebrate 68 years of the classic 4x4 and share images and stories of your Defender.
Wheels24 is currently driving the Adventure Edition (see Instagram below), with an awesome orange hue contrasted with black details for the grille, bonnet, roof, doors, headlights and wheel arches.
According to Land Rover: "To enhance the Defender’s already impressive off-road credentials, the Adventure Edition features distinctive new under-body protection for the side sills and engine sump, while Goodyear MT/R tyres promise to make the most of whatever grip is on offer."
It sports 17cm LED projector headlights, clear front indicators and black, split-spoke, diamond-turned alloy rims. The front wings feature 90 and 110 decals.
Image gallery: 2015 Defender Heritage, Adventure limited editions
Adventure Edition in detail:
• Grey, white or orange paintwork
• Black ‘Adventure’ grille, wheel arches, bonnet, roof, and rear door
• 17cm LED projector headlights
• Clear indicator lenses
• Under-body sill and sump protectors
• Atlas ‘Defender’ bonnet script
• Black split-spoke diamond-turned alloy rims
• Goodyear MT/R tyres with white lettering
• Bright pack
• Decals on front wings
• Leather upholstery
• Leather front passenger facia
• Leather-trimmed door panels
• Bright aluminium-finish clock and air-vent bezels
• Aluminium interior door releases and locks
• Bright finish/rubber pedals
• Black centre console
• Leather-wrapped steering-wheel
• Perforated leather on gear-shifter, hand-brake lever and grab handles
• Black headlining
• Heritage logo mats
Share your Land Rover Defender memories (and images) with us and we'll publish them on Wheel24. Email us
Check out readers' pics: