UPDATED DUSTER: Renault South Africa has updated its Duster SUV. Image: QuickPic
• +10 000 units sold in three years
• Diesel engine returns 4.8-litres/100km
• Prices remain from R239 900
Cape Town - Renault South Africa has updated its Duster SUV and, the automaker says, has managed to retain its prices (from R239 900).
Since its local launch in September 2013, Renault has sold more than 10 000 Dusters and the company believes the refreshed SUV will build on the success of its predecessor.
The updated Duster-range will be available at dealerships from mid-October 2016.
While the Duster model variants remain the same, the enhanced versions gain:
• New black alloys
• New front headlights and rear tail lights
• Rear camera standard on Dynamique models
• Electric rear windows now standard on Expression models
READ: Renault sells 10 000 Dusters in SA, celebrates with limited edition
• Drive away lock standard on all variants
• New centre console
• Refreshed fabric on inner seat segments and door panels
• Additional colour choices.
• 7” MediaNav touchscreen, satnav (Dynamique variants only)
• Cruise control is standard
• Dynamique 4x4 comes with three transmission modes
• Leather optional on all three Dynamique derivatives: the petrol-powered 1.6 4x2 and the 1.5 4x2 and 4x4 diesel derivatives;
Range and prices
Every model in the Renault Duster MY16 range carries the same price tag as previous model.
• Duster 1.6 Expression 4x2 77kW petrol R239 900
• Duster 1.6 Dynamique 4x2 77kW petrol R259 900
• Duster 1.5 dCi Dynamique 4x2 80kW diesel R279 900
• Duster 1.5 dCi Dynamique 4x4 80kW diesel R304 900
Road test: Renault’s new Duster in SA
The Renault Duster MY16 models come standard with a five-year or 150 000km mechanical warranty, a three-year or 45 000km service plan (with service intervals at 15 000km intervals) and a six-year anti-corrosion warranty.