VINTAGE DELIGHTS ON SHOW: The OverDrive Motoring festival will take place from September 20-25 at the NMB Stadium in Port Elizabeth. Image: Bobby Cheetham
PORT ELIZABETH - The Eastern Cape's will play host to an exciting motoring event headed to Port Elizabeth in September 2014 - the *OverDrive Festival.
Petrol heads can see and experience almost "everything to do with motoring" at the show. From September 20-25 enthusiasts can indulge in a host of events – all under the umbrella of one massive motoring festival.
Numerous charities will benefit from the Overdrive Festival.
WORLD OF WHEELS FAIR
Visitors will be able to test drive and view the biggest range of the latest vehicles currently on sale at the World of Wheels Fair at the main venue, the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium.
There will also be some magnificent vintage cars on display, not to mention exotic cars like Porsches, Maseratis, Ferraris, Jaguars, Mercedes-Benz and some awesome motor bikes.
Several other events will take place at various venues around PE.
HOW FAST CAN YOU GO?
In association with Motor Sport South Africa and Coega Harbour a 4km long triple lane highway on Neptune Road will be cleared and safely administered where you can put your pedal to the metal (top speed recorded so far is 320km/h).
Motorsport fans will be able to enjoy high speed dare devil racing with a race day as well as dragging and spinning at Aldo Scribante Race Circuit, and stock car racing at the Oval Track in Walmer.
Other events include:
• A special Baviaanskloof experience or a family fun course around PE_
• The Adventure Challenge out at Crossways Farm Village; or you can test yourself against a unique course at the NMB Stadium.
• The Siyaya Taxi Gymkhana to find who is the best and safest driver in NMB!
• For the ladies – a Great Gatsby luxury high tea at the Boardwalk with “Daisy”, the Gatsby vintage Packard!
• An advanced driving course at the Aldo Scribante Circuit.
• Visit Eben de Vos’s motor museum in Newton Park or the Volkswagen Pavilion in Uitenhage.
• Jam Jar Rally at the Walmer Library Township Project.
• The Baviaanskloof Motor Bike Rough Rider event.
For more information e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
*The Eastern Cape Overdrive Festival is not affiliated with OverDrive Media Events.