How to buy a classic motorcycle in SA?

'There are a few things you need to consider,’ writes bike guru Dries Van der Walt.

Top family cars in SA

Wheels24's Janine Van der Post has gone from a 'SpeedQueen' to a supermom. Check out her list of top family cars.

'One event' licence for SA riders

2012-02-20 12:29

SPECIAL LICENCE: If you haven't had time to get an MSA licence, competitors will be allowed to apply for a 'one event' licence ahead of the SA National Junior and Senior Motocross championship.

The first round of the 2012 SA National Junior and Senior Motocross championship will take place at Syringa, Gauteng, on Saturday (February 25).
Competitors who have not had time to take out an MSA licence can buy a one-event licence and, should you later decide to upgrade it, have the fee credited against an annual licence. One-event riders who can prove their own private medical insurance exists will be eligible to ride. Alternatively, one-event insurance will be needed.
Off-foad bikes, quads, trials, enduro, motocross and supermoto riding will be permitted on the licence that the competitor holds. The level of competition will determine the licence required. For example, a National licence-holder in off-road or enduro can take part on that licence in a National Motocross event.
The one-event licence costs R150.


Inside Wheels24

Opel Astra 1.4T Enjoy auto – understated and smart new hatch

When it comes to the mid-size hatchback choice, there are a few default choices, a few bland ones… and some often overlooked cars. The Opel Astra hatch is an example of the latter, writes David Swanepoel. - Sponsored

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.