STICKY BUCKLES:Baby company Embrace has issued a similar recall as Graco had in September 2014 due to potentially faulty buckles. The picture shows a recalled Graco buckle (L) and the one it will be replaced with. Image: Graco
DETROIT, Michigan - Baby products company Evenflo is recalling more than 202 000 rear-facing infant seats because the buckles can become difficult to unlatch.
The recall affects Embrace 35/9999 models with an AmSafe QT1 buckle. Documents posted by US safety regulators say that if the buckles don't release easily it may be difficult to get a child out of the seat in an emergency.
The affected seats were made at various times from December 2011 through May of 2013 and may have been imported into South Africa. If you have one, Wheels24 suggests you check the model.
Not all Embrace 35 models are covered by the recall. For others, the company will provide replacement buckles if requested by customers.
The recall comes after an investigation by the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Evenflo’s announcement comes less than two months after Graco recalled about 3.8-million of their child car-seats for a similar buckle defect.
A full list of the affected seats, given on the internet, is:
Evenflo Car Seat Recall 2014:
• Momentum 65, Momentum 65 LX, Momentum 65 DLX - 3/4/through 8/26/2013
• Chase, Chase LX, Chase Select - 6/12/2012 through 10/3/2013Chase LX and Chase DLX - 8/23/2011 through 3/3/2014
• Maestro, Maestro Performance - 8/22/2011 through 10/17/2013
• Symphony 65, Symphony 65 E3, Symphony LX, Symphony DLX, Snugli All-in-One - 10/2/2012 through 8/26/2013
• Titan 65, SureRide DLX - 6/20/2012 through 10/17/2013
• Secure Kid LX, Secure Kid DLX, Secure Kid 100, Secure Kid 300, Secure Kid 400, Snugli Booster - 12/13/2011 through 3/3/2014