TAKING ON THE ESTABLISHMENT: Unknown supercar maker Rima, pitted its Concept One against the 708kW La Ferrari hypercar. You might be shocked at the result. Image: Rima
Cape Town - It's the end of the week, and that means you're allowed to at least indulge in something else other than stats or presentations.
We've collated five of the best motoring-related Instagram videos, from a La Ferrari having its behind handed to it by a Croatian electric supercar called the Rimac Concept One to an amphibious motorcycle.
Check out all clips here:
1. Rimac Concept One vs Tesla P90D vs Ferrari LaFerrari
If you haven't seen this clip, where have you been hiding? The Concept One isn't quite ready for production, but the small manufacturer was intent on showing potential customers how quick the car is, and set up a drag race against a 708kW La Ferrari and the all-electric Tesla Model S P90 in Ludicrous Mode.
Just for measure, the Concept One has 811kW and close to 2000Nm. Game on then!
2. Mika Häkkinen taking on Eau Rouge in his McLaren Mercedes MP4/15
Arguably, the most famous corner in Formula 1, Eau Rouge is found at the Belgian circuit Spa-Francorchamps.
The corner requires an amount of skill from the driver to negotiate it well and the long straight ahead produces good overtaking opportunities for drivers at the following "Les Combes" corner. The corner was tighter and narrower (it was made wider in 1970, when the circuit was updated) on the old circuit than it is today. It is now faster.
Watch two-time F1 champion Mika Häkkinen reach over 300km/h in the clip below.
3. Real Madrid and Portugal footballer Cristiano returning home in his brand new Bugatti 16.4 Grand Sport, a gift to himself after Portugal's triumph at Euro 2016.
Watch him arrive at home, looking fairly smug. Nice one Ronaldo, you deserve it!
4. This woman being rescued from a Mazda MX-5 after it was washed away in a flood. A couple of men attempt to break through the window, but it doesn't seem to help. Watch what they do next.
Thank goodness for Good Samaritans.
5. This bike that transforms into a jet-ski. Built by Gibbs Amphibians, the Biski is used as a single seat (or single plus pillion) powered by a twin jet, HSA Motorcycle.
At just 2.3m long and less than 1m wide, it is the smallest of all Gibbs high-speed amphibious platforms.