HYPERCAR: A Ferrari LaFerrari, similar to the one pictured, sold for over $5-million at the Monterey Car Week. Image: Supplied
Pebble Beach - We've already showed you some of the awesome concept cars at the Monterey Car Week in California, now have a look at the 10 most expensive cars that were sold at the auctions over the weekend.
Topping the list is the 1955 Jaguar D-Type Roadster, which sold for close to $22-million and has the title of the most priciest British car sold at an auction.
More: 6 of the best cars from the #PebbleBeach #ConceptLawn
According to CNBC, the average sale price increased to $479 643 compared to last year's $456 067.
Perhaps the one surprise from this list is the 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari, sold by Mecum Auctions for $5.17-milion. It certainly is no means classic but achieved a hefty price tag.
Here's the top 10 most expensive cars sold at the Monterey Car Week auction:
1. 1955 Jaguar D-Type Roadster (RM Sotheby's) sold for $21.78-million
2. 1939 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Lungo Spider (RM Sotheby's) sold for $19.8-million
3. 1959 Ferrari 250 GT California LWB Alloy Spider (Gooding & Company) sold for $18.15-million
4. 1962 Shelby Cobra 260 Roadster (RM Sotheby's) sold for $13.75-million
5. 1960 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Competizione Coupe (Gooding & Company) sold for $13.5-million
6. 1956 Ferrari 250 GT TdF Coupe (RM Sotheby's) sold for $5.72-million
7. 1950 Ferrari 166 MM Berlinetta (Gooding & Company) sold for $5.44-million
8. 1955 Ferrari 750 Monza Spider (RM Sotheby's) sold for $5.22-million
9. 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari Coupe (Mecum Auctions) sold for $5.17-milion
10. 1979 Porsche 935 Coupe (Gooding & Company) sold for $4.84-million