NEW JAGUAR ON THE PROWL:Jaguar's new XF luxury sedan has arrived in South Africa. We have prices, details and gallery. Image: Supplied
Cape Town - Jaguar's new XF has arrived in South Africa.
The new model will take on German rivals - BMW 5 Series, Mercedes-Benz E-Class and Audi A6.
Wheels24 editor Sergio Davids experienced the new luxury sedan in Gauteng, Look out for his driving impression on the mid-size Jaguar next week.
Image gallery: 2016 Jaguar XF
The new model has shed 190kg compared to its predecessor and has a drag co-efficient of 0.26 compared to 0.29 of the previous car.
• Aluminium-intensive architecture class leading weight: up to 35kg lighter than the competitors in its class.
• The lowest CO2 emissions (114g/km) of any non-hybrid model in the segment.
• Jaguar InControl Touch infotainment system with an 8" touch screen.
• Eight-speed auto as standard.
• Engines span 132kW Ingenium diesel to 280kW V6 supercharged petrol.
• Double-wishbone and Integral Link suspension.
• Full-LED headlights, a laser head-up display, adaptive cruise control.
2.0 Prestige Diesel - R714 800
2.0 Prestige Petrol - R755 153
2.0 Portfolio Petrol - R856 253
2.0 R-Sport Diesel - R782 700
2.0 R-Sport Petrol - R822 953
3.0 R-Sport V6 250kW - R1 045 503
3.0 S V6 280kW - R1 186 803