NEW 1.4 AUTO MODEL: Hyundai's i20 range receives a new derivative in the form of a 1.4 automatic derivative. Image: Quickpic
Cape Town - Hyundai South Africa has expanded its i20 range with the addition of a new 1.4-litre engine derivative, fitted with an automatic gearbox.
The 1.4 Motion automatic, retails for R249 900, and slots in the middle of the model range.
Power in the new i20 1.4 Motion comes from the familiar Kappa 1.4-litre engine that delivers 74kW/133Nm. Power is delivered to the front wheels through a 4-speed automatic gearbox.
Claimed fuel consumption is 7.5 litres/100km.
The i20 boasts a boot size of 294 litres, while standard comfort features in the new 1.4 Motion (auto) derivative include:
• Audio system remote control buttons on the steering wheel
• Height adjuster for the driver's seat
• Bluetooth hands-free setup for the audio system and for receiving cell phone calls
• USB and AUX connectivity for the audio system, with a radio and CD player
• A manual aircon
• A steering wheel that can adjust in height and reach (telescopic column)
• A sunglass holder in the centre roof console
• A remote-locking key.
i20 1.2 Motion (manual) - R224 900
i20 1.2 Fluid (manual) - R236 900
i20 1.4 Motion (automatic) - R249 900
i20 1.4 Fluid (manual) - R256 900
i20 1.4 Fluid (automatic) - R274 900
i20 1.4 Sport (manual) - R292 900
The i20 is available with a seven year or 200 000km warranty and a two year or 30 000km service plan is included in the i20 1.2 Motion and Fluid's prices, while the i20 1.4 Motion and Fluid derivatives include a three year or 60 000km service plan.