NEW WORKHORSE: Isuzu has added three new derivatives to its 2015 year model, including the new KB250 double cab Fleetside 4x2 (pictured). Image: Quickpic
Cape Town - Ahead of the arrival of the new Toyota Hilux and Ford Ranger, Isuzu has expanded its KB bakkie with the addition of new derivatives.
Buyers can now choose from 18 different versions, says the automaker.
The newcomers include an auto version of the 4x4 flagship, which gains a touchscreen infotainment system (Satnav, reverse camera and DVD compatibility). The flagship also benefits from keyless entry and stop/start functionality.
The other two new models are the Extended Cab and Double Cab Fleetside in 4x2 configuration.
Gallery: 2015 Isuzu KB
Changes under the skin: Isuzu has uprated the 2.5-litre DTEQ turbodiesel for Fleetside and LE models. Its power outputs are now 100kW/320Nm.
New flagship KB300 LX 4x4 Double Cab auto:
• Five-speed automatic transmission
• LED daytime running lights and LED technology in the rear lamps
• Class-leading payload and towing capacity 3.0 litre turbodiesel
• Keyless stop/start ignition
• Touch-screen infotainment centre (DVD, reverse camera and satnav)
New Extended Cab and Double Cab Fleetside 4x2s:
• 100kW/320Nm high-output 2.5-litre common-rail/direct-injection turbodiesel
• Bluetooth-enabled sound system
• 16-inch wheels with 245/70 dual-purpose tyres
• Stability control ( expect entry-level single cabs)
• Height-adjustable steering added to Base models
• Cruise Control and leather steering wheel (only LE-grade double cabs)
• Cloth trim on LE and LX models
All KB models are sold with a five year or 120 000km warranty and a five-year/ unlimited mileage anti-corrosion warranty and a five-year/ 90 000 km service plan.
Service intervals are 15 000km or twelve months for all derivatives.