MORE TWEAKS FOR BUDGET ETIOS: Toyota's Etios gains several enhancements for 2015 including an integrated audio system with Bluetooth connectivity. Image: Toyota
Toyota’s popular Etios sedan and hatchback has received upgrades for 2015.
Exterior tweaks are limited to a new colour option, metallic grey. Inside, it gains new anthracite fabric seats with, Toyota says, “a more tailored design” for Xs versions.
In addition, a new integrated audio system has been added (standard on Xs units) with Bluetooth connectivity.
The luggage compartment receives a lift function for hatchbacks.
The 2015 Etios retains its four-cylinder 1.5 litre petrol capable of 66kW/132 Nm mated to a five-speed manual. Fuel consumption is rated at a claimed 5.9 litres/100km for the sedan and six litres/100km for the hatch.
IMAGE GALLERY: Toyota Etios
IMAGE GALLERY: Toyota Etios Cross
Toyota SA told Wheels24: “The best news is that these improvements haven’t come at a price. The latest refresher has resulted in a symbolic R100 price hike across the range.”
IMPROVED THROUGH THE YEARS
Below is a list of enhancements the Etios received since its launch in May 2012:
• New grille design.
• Colour-coded side-mirrors and door releases.
• A new aero design exterior mirror with stabilising fins.
• New tailights
• Re-profiled front and rear seats with adjustable headrests (Xs spec).
• Auto-up power window (driver’s door).
• Redesigned instrument cluster with blue backlighting and enlarged LCD display (Xs).
• Lights-on warning as well as seat belt and door-ajar warning (Xs).
• Redesigned ventilation controls.
• Improved NVH package
• Improved carpets
• Luggage cover with lift function.
• New tailored upholstery trim for Xs models.
Etios 1.5 HB Xi - R134 500
Etios 1.5 HB Xs - R143 600
Etios 1.5 SD Xi - R141 100
Etios 1.5 SD Xs - R150 000
Etios Cross - R164 700
Each comes with a two-year or 30 000km service plan.