PREMIUM SUV IN SA: Infiniti debuts its most luxurious SUV yet in South Africa - the QX80. Image: Motorpress
OUBAAI, George, Western Cape - Infiniti's QX80 has arrived in South Africa and is set to provide buyers with a new alternative in the large, luxury SUV segment.
The automaker said: "This full-size luxury SUV with a distinctive exterior design, luxuriously crafted interior trim, and high levels of standard safety and technology."
The QX80, infiniti says, is its most premium SUV yet and is priced at R1.2-million.
It's powered by a 5.6 litre V8 petrol capable of 298kW/560Nm mated to a seven-speed auto with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) and manual shift mode. Downshift Rev Matching (DRM) is standard. Fuel consumption is rated at a claimed 14.8 litres/100km.
IMAGE GALLLERY: 2015 Infiniti QX80
Suspension is provided by a double-wishbone design front and rear, with dual-flow tube shock-absorbers and an auto rear leveling system for towing or carrying cargo. It works by automatically adjusting the air pressure in the system's air bladders. The QX80 has a towing capacity of 3500kg.
It's equipped with anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic brake force distribution (EBD) with brake assist, vehicle dynamic control and two- or all-wheel active brake limited-slip (ABLS).
Engine and transmission:
- 5.6 litre 32-valve DOHC aluminum-alloy V8 with VVEL and Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG)
- seven-speed auto with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC) and manual shift mode with Downshift Rev Matching (DRM)
Suspension, Steering, Braking and Wheels:
- Independent double wishbone front and rear suspension with Dual Flow Path twin tube shock absorbers, stabiliser bars and automatic rear self-leveling system (air)
- Hydraulic body motion control system
- Engine speed-sensitive power steering
- Four-wheel vented disc brakes with ABS, EBD and Brake Assist
- 22 x 8-inch 14-spoke forged aluminum-alloy wheels with 275/50R22 all-season performance tires.
Safety and Security:
- Infiniti Advanced Air Bag System (AABS)
- Driver and front-passenger front seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
- Roof-mounted side-impact supplemental curtain air bags with rollover sensor for outboard occupant head protection for all three rows
- Zone body construction with front and rear crumple zones
- Vehicle dynamic control with traction control
- Tyre pressure monitoring with individual tyre pressure display and tyre inflation Indicator
- Blind spot warning
- Lane departure warning with lane departure prevention
- Intelligent brake assist with forward collision Warning
- Predictive forward collision warning.