NEW MX-5 RF: The Mazda MX-5 RF is finally available in SA. Image: QuickPic
Cape Town - Mazda South Africa introduces the Mazda MX-5 RF (Retractable Fastback) to local buyers
The Mazda MX-5 RF is based on the fourth-generation MX-5 Roadster Coupe.
Mazda says the design of its RF allows for the retractable hardtop to be opened and closed with ease; The new fastback closes and opens in 13 seconds at the flip of a switch, even when the car is moving at up to 10km/h.
The RF’s steering and suspension has been tweaked and in addition, says Mazda, the new model offers "a quieter cabin" than the MX-5 Roadster with its roof down.
READ: Next from Mazda - SA-bound hardtop MX-5 RF heads into production
The Roadster RF features fastback styling with a roofline that curves towards the rear end. Mazda says it managed to stow the roof efficiently, enabling the Roadster RF to offer nearly the same boot space as the soft-top model.
Only one derivative is available; a 2.0-litre petrol engine with a six-speed auto transmission.
The roadster is sold with a three-year or unlimited kilometre factory warranty, a three-year service plan, a three-year roadside assistance and a five-year Corrosion Warranty.
Model Lineup and Pricing
2.0-litre RF Roadster Coupe Automatic - R532 800
• Max power: 118kW
• Max torque: 200Nm
• Keyless entry & push-button engine start
• Airbags SRS: front (driver and passenger) and side
• Climate control
• Cruise control
• Daytime running lamps (LED)
• Emergency stop signal (ESS)
• Headlamps auto on/off function
• Adaptive front-lighting system (AFS)
• Hill launch assist (HLA)
• Leather seats
• Leather-wrapped: steering wheel, handbrake handle and gearshift knob
• Limited slip differential
• Navigation system
• Premium Bose® 203watt amplifier with nine speakers
• Rain-sensing wipers
• Rear-view mirror with auto dimming function
• Touchscreen display
• 17" alloy wheels
• Lane departure warning (LDW)
• Blind spot monitoring (BSM)