NEW FORD EDGE: Ford extends its European SUV line-up with the addition of its new Edge Sport, set to take on the premium SUV market. Image: Ford
Back to the main story
The new Edge is one of the vehicles with which Ford will extend its SUV range in Europe which includes the medium-sized Kuga and compact EcoSport.
The Edge will take on the premium SUV segment later in 2015.
It’s equipped with several new technologies, among them adaptive steering, which optimises steering response based on vehicle speed, and active noise cancellation which directs sound waves through the audio system to, Ford says, “enhance the overall engine sound and cabin ambiance”.
Its front split view camera makes parking spaces easier to negotiate.
• Black grille and window pillars
• Colour-coded bumpers, door-releases and external mirrors
• Belly skid-plate and diffuser
• Twin rectangular exhausts
• 20” alloy rims with dark trim
• Black interior trim
• Sport seats with carbon-fibre inserts
• Black gear knob
• Metallic door releases, air-vent surrounds and facia