EIGHTH PLACE: The 19th BMW Art Car M6 experienced an eventful race at the Daytona 24 Hours, finishing eighth in the GTLM class. Image: Supplied
Cape Town - Nascar legend Jeff Gordon collected his first ever Rolex24 victory with the Wayne Taylor Racing team, in their modified Cadillac, at the Daytona International Speedway on Sunday.
The top three finishers after 24 hours were:
1. Cadillac DPi-V.R Cadillac DPi 659 laps
2. Mustang Sampling Racing Cadillac DPi 659 laps
3. VisitFlorida Racing Multimatic/Riley 658 laps
In the GT Le Mans class, Dirk Mueller gave Ford Chip Ganassi Racing a win in the Ford GT. It was the second time the foursome had won a 24-hour race after their win in Le Mans last year.
We've collected five images (and some video) from the race:
1. The winning team celebrates their momentous victory.
2. This epic video of Lamborghini's racing in the night at #Rolex24.
3. This Audi R8 caught in the lights.
4. Porsche's 911 RSR made its first competitive outing, finishing second in their class.
5. The sound of these Porsches and Lamborghinis.