BACK-TO-BACK: Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton set the fastest times in all three practice sessions for the British GP. Image: AFP / Saeed Khan
Silverstone - Lewis Hamilton clocked the fastest lap ahead of Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg in the crash-marred final practice for the British Grand Prix on Saturday.
Hamilton, who was also fastest in both practices on Friday, wound up 0.063 seconds better than Rosberg, who missed the entire second Friday session, with Australian Daniel Ricciardo third, half a second adrift in his Red Bull car.
The session was stopped for 18 minutes when Swedish driver Marcus Ericsson crashed heavily in his Sauber. He was unhurt and walked away.
Read: British GP 3rd Practice - As it happened
Dutch teenager Max Verstappen was fourth in the second Red Bull, followed by Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari, and Valtteri Bottas of Williams.
Watch: Marcus Ericsson crash
The qualifying session for Sunday's grid positions is scheduled to follow late Saturday.
British Grand Prix third practice times:
1. Lewis Hamilton (GBR) Mercedes 1:30.904,
2. Nico Rosberg (GER) Mercedes 1:30.967,
3. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS) Red Bull 1:31.488,
4. Max Verstappen (NED) Red Bull 1:31.561,
5. Sebastian Vettel (GER) Ferrari 1:32.049,
6. Valtteri Bottas (FIN) Williams 1:32.736,
7. Fernando Alonso (ESP) McLaren 1:32.754,
8. Nico Hulkenberg (GER) Force India 1:32.798,
9. Kimi Raikkonen (FIN) Ferrari 1:32.833,
10. Carlos Sainz Jr (ESP) Toro Rosso 1:32.889,
11. Esteban Gutierrez (MEX) Haas 1:32.895,
12. Jenson Button (GBR) McLaren 1:33.042,
13. Romain Grosjean (FRA) Haas 1:33.344,
14. Sergio Perez (MEX) Force India 1:33.361,
15. Felipe Massa (BRA) Williams 1:33.440,
16. Daniil Kvyat (RUS) Toro Rosso 1:33.538,
17. Felipe Nasr (BRA) Sauber 1:33.710,
18. Jolyon Palmer (GBR) Renault 1:33.769,
19. Kevin Magnussen (DEN) Renault 1:34.049,
20. Rio Haryanto (INA) Manor 1:34.471,
21. Marcus Ericsson (SWE) Sauber 1:34.551,
22. Pascal Wehrlein (GER) Manor 1:34.658