New F1 deal for Belgian GP
SPA SAFE FOR NOW: F1 heads back to work as the season gears up for the Belgian Grand Prix on September 2.
The Belgian Grand Prix has won an extension through to 2015, Spa Grand Prix chairman Etienne Davignon has said.
The current deal for at the Spa-Francorchamp circuit will expire following the race scheduled for September 2, 2012.
No details of the extension were revealed but the value of the contract has reportedly fallen.
The race's future had been in doubt after Formula 1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone said in April 2012 that a race in France could make a return in 2013.
Ecclestone said that the French GP could alternate with Belgium.