Raikkonen, 28, was quoted in the official Ferrari post-race document last Sunday as saying he felt "sorry for Sutil".
The Force India driver, who broke down in tears after retiring from fourth place in the closing stages of the prestigious Monte Carlo race, confirmed, "Yes, Kimi did apologise to me.
"After the race he came to me and said 'I'm sorry, I'm really sorry'," the 25-year-old German told the Indian news agency PTI.
"Anyway, it's racing and incidents like this do happen," Sutil, who has otherwise struggled to shine so far in 2008, added.
Raikkonen was excused by the stewards for losing control of his Ferrari exiting the tunnel, but less forgiving was Force India team owner Vijay Mallya.
Some pundits estimate the cost of Sutil's lost 5 points at up to $7m for the usually backmarking team.
Mallya said, "As a world champion, I surely expected Raikkonen to drive safe and responsibly."