F1 teams ready to blow Bahrain
Formula 1 teams are making preparations just in case the Bahrain Grand Prix is called off at the last minute.
That is the claim of Germany's Auto Motor und Sport, reporting that the teams could put their back-up plans into action even as late as Sunday, April 15, in China - mere days before they are expected to be at Sakhir.
In London this week F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone and team bosses stood side-by-side with Bahrain circuit officials, insisting the race would go ahead despite defiant speculation to the contrary.
But Auto Motor und Sport revealed that the teams would also be ready if the plug was indeed pulled at the last minute - for example, their freight would go not from Shanghai to Bahrain, but back to Europe via Dubai.
The report also said tickets had been reserved for the teams' travelling staff in the event they did not have to hop directly to the island kingdom.
Michael Schumacher, however, insisted he was not worried about going to Bahrain. "I'm pretty relaxed, honestly," said the seven-times World champion. "From our perspective, we're going to be very well looked after because they (the race organisers) might foresee whatever and be prepared.
"I'm pretty sure we're going to be OK."