Win with General Tire: #SARoadTrip

Share your best-ever Southern African destination with us and you could win R20 000 towards making your dream come true!

8 tips to help your pets in a heat wave

Summer is here and heat waves are hitting SA. If you think you’re hot, imagine how much your pets are suffering...

Citroen rally drive for Kubica

2012-11-07 09:24

NOT GIVING UP THE RALLY DREAM: Former F1 driver Robert Kubica has been taken in by Citroen, who has offered him a drive in its older C4 WRC car.

Poland's Robert Kubica, whose Formula 1 career was put on hold after a near-fatal rally accident, will drive a Citroen rally car in two events in France and Italy in November 2012, the French automaker has announced.

Citroen said the former BMW-Sauber and Renault F1 driver would drive a C4 WRC car, similar to one that took Sebastien Loeb to many of his nine world titles, in the Rally di Como from November 15 - 17, 2012 and the Rallye du Var in France on the following weekend.


Kubica, 27, has not driven an F1 car since his accident in February, 2011 left him with severe arm and leg injuries.

However he won two minor rallies in Italy in September,2012 and has competed in the Rally du Var twice previously.

The Pole said in a statement: "I can't wait to drive a car that is quick and has been as successful as the C4 WRC.

"Rallying is one of my favourite forms of motorsport."

Kubica, a good friend of Ferrari's Fernando Alonso, said in September he was still hoping to return to F1 and would not give up even if he might never be at the same physical level as before.

Read more on:    renault  |  sauber  |  citroen  |  sebastien loeb  |  robert kubica  |  wrc  |  rally

Inside Wheels24

Did Alonso drive in 'economy mode' this season?

Fernando Alonso has been driving in 'economy mode' in 2016 to save energy for a serious bid for success in 2016.

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.