LONDON, England - Former Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn will not make a comeback to Formula 1, the UK's Daily Telegraph reported on Saturday (Feb 1).Brawn, involved with team management for more than 35 years, made the announcement at a fishing event in Scotland, confirming that the sabbatical he took after leaving Mercedes in December 2013 was now a permanent departure from the sport.NO MORE F1Brawn said: "What they didn't realise when I was invited here was they had a scoop because the world's news media was trying to find out if I was retiring or not. This is the busiest time of the year for F1 and I said I would come along and open the River Dee (salmon fishing)."If they had put two and two together they would have realised I was definitely retiring."The 59-year-old is widely credited as a key figure behind Michael Schumacher's seven F1 titles with Benetton and Ferrari and also found success with his self-titled team in 2009 when Jenson Button won the championship.He had been linked with roles at returning engine manufacturer Honda, the International Automobile Federation, Williams and McLaren, the last being a potential chance to team up with Ron Dennis after he returned to the team."I'm retiring - it's not tongue in cheek," Brawn asserted. "I'm going to take a year to enjoy the fishing and then see what life brings."I'm looking forward to it but I've got no other plans. Stay with Wheels24 for the 2014 F1 season – fresh reports every day.