BARCELONA, Spain - Ferrari's Fernando Alonso has warned his Formula 1 rivals that he is in his best shape yet.Alonso, a double World champion with Renault, said at a media event at Barcelona's Catalunya circuit that the 2013 season, which will start in Australia on March 15, could be his best yet.He said: "2012 was the best year of my career - I was very happy with the performance - but I think 2013 will be better. We have a better starting point and I have learned from some of the mistakes of 2012."The trust, confidence and motivation are better than any other year and, pit-stops wise, with starts - all these things - we are constantly learning. I have prepared better. I am better than last year."‘A LITTLE LOST’Alonso was runner-up to Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel in 2012 but, in fighting for the title with a car that was not the fastest and that had started the season well off the pace, felt it was the most satisfying of his career.The new Ferrari F138 looked far more competitive in testing; indeed, Alonso has said it is 200 times better than was the previous one, which still won three races in 2012, at the start of the season.Alonso didn't take part in the first pre-season test in Jerez, preferring to focus on his fitness instead with a regime that Ferrari said was worthy of a top Olympic athlete.He said: "(In 2012) I was motivated and wanted to win but I arrived in Australia and Malaysia without very much confidence of what we could and could not do and not so much confidence in the car. "I did not have so much trust in what we were doing... we were a little bit lost. I am more motivated now but of course I also need a better car than last year because we were too far from the leaders."Alonso expected Red Bull, with triple champion Vettel and Australian Mark Webber, to be ahead still in Melbourne but felt a podium should be in reach for Ferrari. Stay with Wheels24 for the 2013 Formula 1 season – fresh reports every day.