LIMITED-EDITION: The Harley Davidson CVO Pro Street Breakout is a limited-production motorcycle with unique finishes and textures. It retails for R365 000. Image: Harley Davidson
Johannesburg - Harley-Davidson has announced it will extend its local model range with the addition of two new bikes in 2016 – the CVO Pro Street Breakout and the Low Rider S, both based on the 1801cm3 Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110B engine.
The Breakout is a limited-production motorcycle that introduces a new, darker look to the Custom Vehicle Operations line-up with unique finishes and textures.
Prices are R245 000 for the Low Rider S and R365 000 for the CVO Pro Street Breakout R365 000.
Both bikes will be available at Harley-Davidson dealerships during March 2016.
Harley-Davidson CVO Pro Street Breakout: Top features are
• An open-element Screamin’ Eagle Heavy Breather Elite intake
• A high-performance Assist & Slip clutch with hydraulic actuation
• 43mm inverted forks with three-bolt triple-clamp
• Dual front disc brakes with floating rotors and Reduced Reach front brake lever
• Wind-cheating speed screen and colour-matched chin spoiler
• Electronic cruise control and H-D Smart Security System
• New smoke satin chromed and scorched finishes
• Black blunt-cut mufflers
New Low rider S
The Low Rider joins the Fat Boy S and Softail Slim S as the third model in the Harley-Davidson S Series of cruiser motorcycles, bikes designed to deliver maximum performance with styling inspired by global custom motorcycle culture.
Features to look forward to:
• Screamin’ Eagle Heavy Breather performance intake
• Fat Bob-style 2-into-2 exhaust
• Six-speed Cruise Drive transmission
• Cruise control enabled by electronic throttle control
• Premium Ride nitrogen gas-charged emulsion shocks and Premium Ride cartridge fork
• Triple disc brakes with dual floating front rotors
• Standard anti-lock braking system
• New solo seat set at 26.6"
• Gold tank badge that pays homage to the 1977 XLCR Café Racer model